CETMA Taras Monofin is specifically designed for freediving or fin swimming. The blade is a “technology jewel” produced with the most advanced processes using high modules and high strength carbon fiber, resulting from aerospace sector. Blade stiffness distribution is accurately designed by FEM in both, transversal and longitudinal, directions, to minimize the transversal bending thus avoiding lateral pressure drops.
This engineered stiffness distribution enable the transversal shape stability, also in strong kicking, thus producing a great thrust with minimal muscular effort (high efficiency).
The footpocket is agronomical and comfortable. It is molded with high quality rubber and can be worn tight yet maintaining a comfortable fit, minimizes power consumption and produces maximal thrust.
All monofin subcomponents, blade, footpockets, vertical and horizontal stabilizers, are assembled by qualified technicians.
1. Foot/blade inclination: high angle.
2. The underplanter, made differential stiffness rubber and rubber foam, has an arched and ergonomic shape to make a powerful and comfortable fit;
3. The monofin has a buoyancy positive thrust of about 200 grams (2 N);
4. The blade is 100% carbon fiber both IM7 and High Modulus;
5. The material used is 100 % Carbon Prepreg produced with hot melt impregnation system, using a micro-toughened tetra-functional epoxy resin.
6. 3D-Tech: Proprietary Technology, of CETMA COMPOSITES exclusive know-how, with high pressure, high temperature and high degree of applied vacuum, which lead to a component with 0% void level, without defects, with a uniform matrix/reinforcement ratio across the whole blade.
7. FEM Design: TARAS blades are optimized trough an accurate Design by means of Finite Element Softwares (FEM). The Design trough FEM software allows an optimized distribution of the stiffness, with the aim to obtain a deformation ensuring the maximum hydrodynamic efficiency;
8. Dimensions: L (Length) = 70 cm; W (width) = 70cm; H (height) = 10 cm.
9. Weight: 2.13 kg.